Friday, December 22, 2006

Crohn's Disease

The last few years have been hard for me, health wise, and I feel obligated
to share some incredible products with you that have helped to change our
lives. I have had Crohn's Disease since I was sixteen years old. Crohn's
Disease is a disease that attacks the digestive system of the body and can
infect anywhere from the mouth to the anus. I had been quite lucky with it
until a few years ago when I suffered from complications of the disease
resulting in removal of 32 inches of my small intestine with Laposcoptic
surgery, and the repair of an abscess fistula. It would take me pages to
explain what it has been like for me living with this disease so all I will
say is that my body, especially my rectum, seem to be slowly deteriorating.
There is not much we know on how you get this disease, but it may be
hereditary. My bowel movements are frequent and usually in the form of
diarrhea. I was somewhat of a hermit for fear of leaving my house with my
daughter, being in the car or in the middle of the mall, and having to rush
to a bathroom, which has happened many times.
My pregnancy to Christina was wonderful and there were no complications at
all. In fact, I felt wonderful the entire pregnancy, the best I had felt
since I got this disease. She is very healthy and we thank God for our angel.
It is hard to believe she is almost 18 months old now. Time goes by so
quickly and these moments are so precious.
Anyway, during the pregnancy I found out that I have Hepatitis C. (Christina
has been tested negative for this virus which we again thank God for.) This
virus enters your blood and is mostly transmitted blood to blood. It is rare
for a baby to contract the virus while in delivery, and is rarely transmitted
sexually. (Erik was tested and negative, also.) In 1985, I had to have a
blood transfusion due to my first real attack from the Crohn's Disease. I
must have contracted it then because they did not know about Hepatitis C at
that time. This virus can stay dormant for years without being detected. The
only way to know if you have it is to be tested specifically for Hepatitis C.
This virus can cause cancer and/or cirrhosis of the liver if left untreated.
I did have a liver biopsy and some other liver tests and I have neither at
this time. In October of 1999, I began a six-month to one-year treatment that
has a 20-30% chance of curing the virus. This treatment is called REBETRON
Combination Therapy and has some nasty side effects such as flu-like symptoms
including nausea, excessive fatigue, headaches, depression, body aches,
fever, loss of appetite, mood swings, memory loss, etc. and has affected my
entire family. We thank God for our wonderful family and friends that have
been extra supportive and helpful.
In May of 1999, I was introduced to a product by a couple I met that go to
the same church as we do, called Isotonix OPC-3. I started taking it right
away along with the Isotonix vitamins. After the first month, I did not think
I noticed a difference until I stopped taking the OPC-3 and vitamins. After a
week or so, I started to feel fatigued all the time, which I had felt since
the birth of Christina and before the pregnancy, so I decided to start taking
both again. Within a few days, I noticed that I had more energy and within
the next six weeks, I really started to feel good most of the time. I had
even gained some weight. People were actually telling me how good I was
looking. I was also taking Ultimate Aloe for less than a month before
starting my treatment. I am now drinking Ultimate Aloe. About two weeks after
ending my Hepatitis C treatment, my bowel movements went from anywhere from
4-12 daily to 2 daily.
The Hepatitis C no longer showed up in my system after the first three months
of treatment. I did experience some of the side effects listed above,
especially fatigue, due to the medication since October. I believe with all
my heart that if I was not taking the Isotonix OPC-3 and Isotonix vitamins
that my symptoms would have been more severe than they were from other people
I have talked with. Since completing my treatment, I feel absolutely
incredible and everyone keeps telling me how wonderful I look. Thank God for
Market America and their wonderful products.
If you have any questions or concerns, or just want to talk, please contact
me. We wish you much happiness and good health.

Best Wishes